from Mesa Engineering
NOW ARRIVING! The Express Line to Tone!
Take the 5:25, running EL-84’s out of London straight to the studio for the ultimate big sounding, little amp. Or, catch the 5:50 running 6L6’s out of Fullerton, heading uptown to the gig. These new amplifiers are the direct line to Tone City.
Both 25 and 50- watt models feature four inspiring modes from two oppositie personalities spread across two fully independent channels. If Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde had to share one platform, this would be it.
Say you’re a traditionalist: Select Clean and Blues for your two footswitchable sounds. Or, if you’re addicted to Gain, choose Crunch and Burn. Then stand back as the well-mannered soul of Dr. Jeckyll morphs into the maniacal Mr. Hyde, hardcore beast. Most important is the classic authenticity of all these iconic tones. No matter what your stylistic destination, the Express will take you there… Fast.
Up front, that number “5” indicates the low power, single-ended magic of pure Class A. The “25” and “50” refer to the rated push-pull output. Together, these make up Duo-Class™ our patented new power circuit, the first to offer both single-ended and push-pull configurations in the same amplifier.
But even that’s not the last stop. Each channel is further equipped with its own Contour depth control for added shaping that’s both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, Contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher Contour settings, especially in Crunch and Burn, take you into Recto™ turf, tight, huge and menacing.
Don’t be fooled by their compact size! You’ll be shocked when you hear this little monster! And for truly stunning performance, take the 5:50. Both 1x12 and 2x12 pull like a freight train, locomotive torque.
So step on up. The Express Line to Tone is now Arriving!
Mesa Boogie Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 5/25W 1x10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp Features:
- Duo-Class Power Amp lets you select either:
- 1 power tube in pure Class-A (single-ended), producing 5 watts or
- 2 power tubes in Class-A/B to produce 25 watts via a 5/25 power switch / 2xEL-84 and 5x12AX7
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
- 2 fully independent channels with 4 style modes
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master, and Contour controls per channel
- Footswitchable, variable Contour control on each channel provides the power of a 5-band graphic EQ all in 1 rotary control
- All-tube, long-spring Reverb
- All-tube FX Loop External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Contour 1, Contoour 2, Reverb
- 3-Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, Reverb, Contour)