Unlock New Creative Possibilities
Versatile, portable, and reliable, the Roland V-8HD brings a world of creative options to live event switching. Its all-in-one hardware design eliminates computer setup hassles and software-based crashes, while the HDMI workflow and loaded professional toolset streamline production and reduce stress on the gig.
- All HDMI workflow
- Five-layer effects and keying engine
- Built-in multi-viewer preview monitor
- Aux output for a different video feed
- Technology-assisted automatic video switching
- 18-channel digital audio mixer with effects
- Start & Stop Atomos recorders
- Free iPad remote control app available
- Ultra-mobile, lightweight, and efficient
- Aids in reducing capital expenditure
Nearly all modern cameras and digital video devices use HDMI, the most common AV connector on the planet. The V-8HD seamlessly mixes eight HDMI sources with Full HD support, even when the sources have mismatched frame rates and color spaces. And with the built-in scalers on two of the HDMI inputs, you can easily interface with client-provided sources like computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and legacy 4:3 devices.
The Power of More
Creative professionals need more video inputs for layered graphics and visual effects, and business professionals often need multiple backup video sources. Having the ability to meet all these needs brings satisfied clients and greater audience engagement. With the V-8HD’s generous number of HDMI inputs and outputs, you’re able to offer clients a vast amount of creative freedom—without increasing the budget.
Set Up Layers, Effects, and Keys
Video effects, layers, and graphics add polish and excitement to any production. With the V-8HD’s five composition layers, you’ll always keep audiences engaged with visually appealing content. Prepare the content according to client specifications and separate it into layers: Layer 1 and 2: Start with one mixable live background video layer. Layer 3 and 4: Place in two picture-in-picture layers or chroma/luminance key effects. Layer 5: Add one downstream keyer layer.
Ultra-Mobile, Lightweight, and Efficient
The AV production table is the last thing on an event organizer’s mind. Thanks to its compact footprint, the V-8HD fits effortlessly into any live production environment, even when you have to deal with minimal setup space. And it only weighs around 4 lb./2 kg, making it easy to carry in a backpack or luggage. With its smart feature set, eight HDMI inputs, built-in 18-channel audio mixer, and support for external battery power, the streamlined V-8HD is the most versatile and efficient HDMI switcher available.
Built-In Multi-Viewer Display
The V-8HD’s bright, 4.3-inch multi-viewer display means less gear to buy and haul to the gig. From a single screen, you can monitor all eight video inputs, PGM, and PVW plus menu overlay. Input windows show camcorder recording status and embedded audio levels. Connect a larger external TV for an immense multi-viewer experience, or to make menu changes without moving the focus from the action.
- Compact and portable video switcher for live video production
- All-HDMI workflow keeps you up to date with current technology
- Multi-viewer display allows you to monitor all 8 video feeds and PGM/PVW screens in one area
- 5-layer effects engine lets you insert engaging graphics and picture-in-picture effects
- Memory presets save your favorite graphics for future use
- Engage your audience with multiple camera angles
- Scaler inputs make connecting smartphones and game consoles a breeze
- Small footprint makes it ideal for carry-on luggage
- Onboard 18-channel mixer lets you fine-tune your audio levels
- Audio presets tailor your sound to fit your venue
- Aux out allows you to monitor