TAMA's WBS30RS-LPO Starclassic Walnut/Birch drums take the basic design of their acclaimed Starclassic Maple series and put a cool twist on it.
These drums feature the combination of mellower birch with the stiffness of walnut. This results in a supremely dynamic sound that features the characteristic warmth of birch shells enhanced by the heavier attack of walnut plies. Beyond that, Starclassic Walnut/Birch drums come complete with all of the outstanding hardware that sets the Starclassic series apart. This includes TAMA's die-cast hoops, Star-Cast mounting system, and Quick-Lock tom brackets, plus each shell comes outfitted with quality Evans heads.
Premium die-cast zinc hoops provide consistent tuning and superior tone
Did you know that the hoops on your drum affect far more than your tuning stability? That's why TAMA created premium die-cast zinc hoops for their Starclassic Walnut/Birch toms. Manufactured via a high-density injection molding process, rather than a conventionally stamped triple-flanged hoop method, these extremely consistent hoops provide uniform bolt contact and give your Starclassic shell pack a crisper attack with added high-end resonance.
Evans durability and solid sound
The toms included in this Starclassic shell pack feature Evans Genera G2 2-ply clear batter heads and Genera G1 1-ply clear bottom heads, while the bass drum makes use of an EQ4 clear batter head. The G2 sports two plies, 7-mil each, and delivers an excellent blend of sustain, depth, and attack, while offering consistency and durability. The G1 offers a blend of sustain, warmth, and sensitivity via a 10-mil single-ply film. Exclusive 10-mil single-ply film construction imbues the EQ4 with durability and a woody attack that speaks, both live and in the studio. All three of these drumheads are versatile, making them a great choice for drummers who switch between a variety of styles.
TAMA crafts top-shelf drums for top-shelf drummers
TAMA builds their drums with painstaking attention to detail, precision, and care in order to deliver the best drums possible. And countless touring drummers and session aces, as diverse as Anika Nilles and Metallica's Lars Ulrich, swear by them. Yet in addition to crafting superb drums, TAMA is determined to innovate on the hardware front, as well. Their Iron Cobra Coil bass drum pedals are among the world's most popular, and you'll find that cymbal stands, snare stands, and drum thrones from TAMA are just as heavy-duty and reliable.
Walnut/birch shells included (depth x diameter):
- 8" x 12" rack tom
- 16" x 16" floor tom
- 14" x 20" bass drum
- Walnut/birch shells exhibit incredible warmth and punchy attack
- Premium die-cast zinc hoops provide consistent tuning and extra high-end resonance
- Rubber-based claw hooks deliver consistent pressure and rattle-free operation
- Air Pocket rubber feet preserve sustain by eliminating the transfer of vibrations to the floor
- Bass drum spur bracket with memory markers make setup faster and easier
- Evans drumheads provide excellent sound
- Finish: Phantasm Oyster Lacquer
- Configuration: Shell pack without snare
- Number of Drums: 3
- Mounted Toms (Depth x Diameter): 8" x 12"
- Floor Toms (Depth x Diameter): 14" x 14"
- Bass Drums (Depth x Diameter): 14" x 20"
- Shell Material: Walnut/Birch
- Tom Holders: MTH1000S Single Tom Holder
***Snare, Cymbals & Hardware sold separately.