Yamaha has taken oak to new levels of beauty, response, and projection with the Live Custom Hybrid Oak shell pack. Each 7-ply handcrafted shell in this series features an inner phenolic resin ply, chosen by drummers in blind trials, for a purer fundamental and enhanced dynamics across the kit. The Live Custom Hybrid Oak's outer oak plies have been treated to a Japanese uzukuri-inspired finishing technique for added luxury and elegance. Beyond its shells, the Live Custom Hybrid Oak features the very best of Yamaha's flagship hardware, including inner bass drum weights for heightened low-end response, single-post Absolute lugs for maximized shell integrity, and Yamaha's latest YESS III suspension system for a sweet, toneful tom sustain. Shells come equipped with dark silver 2.3mm triple-flanged DynaHoops and a choice selection of Remo batter and reso heads.
**Cymbals not included.
- 7-ply oak shells with synthetic phenolic resin cores
- Uzukuri-inspired shell exteriors
- Beautifully finished and figured
- Outfitted with dark silver hoops and hardware
- Matching oak bass drum hoops
- Internal kick drum weights provide power, punch, and low end
- 2.3mm triple-flanged DynaHoops
- YESS III suspension system enhances tom sustain and reduces sympathetic vibrations
- Single-post Absolute lugs maximize resonance
- Remo batter and reso heads
- Tom/floor tom thickness: 7.33mm
- Bass drum thickness: 8.80mm
- Shell sizes (depth x diameter): 7" x 10" and 8" x 12" toms, 13" x 14" and 15" x 16" floor toms, 18" x 22" bass drum