Martin’s 14-fret Dreadnought model celebrates our Chairman & CEO Chris Martin IV’s 60th birthday. Limited to a quantity of 60, the HD-35 CFM IV 60th model is truly a unique instrument with European spruce top with Martin’s Vintage Tone System (VTS) and herringbone pearl inlay. The 3-piece back consists of siris wings with an East Indian rosewood wedge; the fingerboard and bridge are beautifully inlaid with infinity hexagon outlines. Chris Martin has personally signed each label in these Limited Edition guitars.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Model: HD-35 CFM IV 60th
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid European Spruce w/VTS
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid Siris Wings w/East Indian Rosewood Wedge
- Back Purfling: Style 35 Fine Herringbone
- Side Material: Solid Siris
- Top Inlay Style: Herringbone Pearl
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval w/Performing Artist Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony/CFM Logo and Birth Date in MOP
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Infinity Hexagon Outline
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly w/Infinity Hexagon OutlineCase: 545E Geib Style
- Interior Label: 60th Birthday Paper Label Signed by CFM IV Numbered in Sequence w/Total