The OMCPA4 is an electro acoustic with a cutaway and built in pickup system. These features ensure that this guitar is fitting for any style and any venue.
The smaller orchestral model body shape has a balanced tone that has great mid-high end clarity for accompaniment, and enough low end to sustain itself as a soloists' guitar as well. Martin have aimed to meet the needs of real gigging guitarists in the Performing Artist Series. That means they sound just as good in the studio as on stage!
Fishman System onboard
The fishman preamp system is designed to accuratly capture the tone of your accoustic playing on a live stage. Rather than a big panel with multiple sliders and controls, the F1 Analog has two multifunction controls and a small display for a built-in chromatic tuner. The system’s nine-volt battery is accessible through a door at the endblock, and instead of an endpin-jack, this guitar has a separate strap pin and output jack integrated into a plastic assembly so you can easily install straplocks without having to worry about the electrics.
Here's what Martin say about the Performing Artist OMCPA4
The Martin Performing Artist 4 Series features F1 Analog Electronics. This trio of guitars is crafted to provide an exciting playing experience. Great value for solid wood guitars with state-of-the-art electronics. The Martin Performing Artist PA4 guitars are crafted to provide an exciting playing experience. Great value for solid wood guitars with state-of-the-art electronics.
- Model: OMCPA4
- Construction: Ply Blocks/Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Sapele
- Side Material: Sapele
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Offset Dots - White ABS
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 330 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Analog