Celebrate 40 Years of BOSS's SD-1 Super Overdrive
Back in 1981, BOSS unveiled their workhorse SD-1 Super Overdrive, a core gain pedal that has been subsequently wielded by generations of players across genres. The BOSS 40th Anniversary SD-1 Super Overdrive celebrates four decades of this classic stompbox, vaunting the same asymmetrical clipping circuit, along with a head-turning reverse color scheme that will stand out on even the most crowded pedalboard. The SD-1 has long been renowned for its mid-focused tone and natural tubelike overdrive characteristics. It's ideal for warming up or adding grit to a clean or edge-of-breakup tube amplifier, and it's a great way to add tightness and definition to a high-gain setup. It also makes a stellar lead boost and stacks well with other dirt pedals. If you're searching for a drive stomp with a rich, harmonic-infused tone, join the legions of satisfied guitarists who build their sound around the SD-1. Grab the BOSS 40th Anniversary SD-1 Super Overdrive today!
Asymmetrical clipping: the secret to the SD-1's one-of-a-kind sound
Unlike the symmetrical clipping employed by its green Japanese-made competitor, the BOSS SD-1 makes use of asymmetrical clipping. The difference is subtle yet significant. Symmetrical clipping generates odd harmonics for a round, compressed, smooth-sounding tone. Asymmetrical clipping produces both even and odd harmonics, yielding a deeper, clearer, more textured sound. Asymmetrical clipping tends to sound louder as well. What's more, many guitarists here at Sweetwater prefer the tubelike feel of asymmetrical-clipping overdrive pedals like the BOSS SD-1.
BOSS 40th Anniversary SD-1 Super Overdrive Pedal Features:
- 40th-anniversary edition of BOSS's popular overdrive pedal
- Asymmetrical clipping circuit provides a harmonic-rich sound with a tubelike feel
- Ideal for warming up or adding grit to a clean or edge-of-breakup tube amplifier
- A great way to add tightness and definition to a high-gain setup
- Makes a stellar lead boost and stacks well with other dirt pedals
- Straightforward 3-knob control layout
- Pedal Type: Overdrive
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- EQ: Tone Control
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.37"
- Width: 2.87"
- Depth: 5.12"
- Weight: 0.81 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: SD-1-4A