The Vox AC15HW1G12C brings you a great amp that melds American and British tones together.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to change the sound of any amplifier is to change the speaker. The various differences in materials and build process create unique personalities in both frequency and response. For example, some speakers will embellish the top-end treble for clarity, while others might subdue those higher frequencies for a warmer overall sound. Furthermore, different build materials change the way a speaker responds to your playing. Some speakers have a more aggressive response, making the amp more dynamic, while other speakers offer a naturally compressed, slower response, making the amp slightly less dynamic, but more forgiving and bluesy.
With that in mind, VOX is proud to announce their latest limited edition line of AC15 amps, equipped with Warehouse Guitar Speakers' G12C model! Completely handmade in Kentucky, USA, the G12C is part of Warehouse's American Vintage series which lends a unique, American flavor to the iconic British chime of the AC15. These speakers provide a punchy low-end and distinctively clear top end that is still dynamic and sensitive. These limited-edition amps also feature a limited vintage-style tolex covering for a more refined appearance.
- 15-watt power output (8 and 16 ohms)
- Handwired turret board construction
- Birch plywood cabinet features solid bracing and a natural high-frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- 1 x 12″ Warehouse Guitar Speakers G12C
- 3 x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes, 2 x EL84 power tubes, and 1 x EZ81 rectifier tube
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes for extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX 2-channel design (top boost and normal)
- High and low inputs for each channel
- Normal channel provides an additional bright switch
- Top boost channel provides a hot/cool switch to achieve even more gain
- Master volume/bypass switch completely bypasses the master volume section
- OP mode switch cuts the output power level in half
- 2 x 1/4″ output jacks for extension cabinets
- Included VFS1 footswitch controls the top boost channel’s hot/cool switch
- Premium, custom-fit dust cover included