Rock & Pop Theory: the essential guide offers musicians of all ages and levels a practical and relevant guide to music theory today. With a focus on popular music, this indispensable guide:
- introduces key musical concepts such as pitch, tempo, rhythm, harmony, scales, instruments, musical forms and structure
- outlines the conventions governing music notation, applying these specifically to rock & pop music
- provides interesting facts and real music examples to contextualise music theory
- offers practical tips on how to identify intervals, make up melodies and rhythms, set words to music and much more
- with foreword and chapter introductions by renowned educationalist Paul Harris
- contains quick-reference tools including an appendix, list of further repertoire examples, table of instruments, periods of music history, table of scales and modes and summary keys and time signatures.