THE NS WAV ELECTRIC VIOLIN is the perfect electric violin for any player interested in exploring the world of amplified or electronic performance. Full, natural tone, outstanding comfort, and sophisticated design are combined in an instrument which is simply a pleasure to play.
At the heart of every NS electric violin is the Polar ™ Pickup System. Sensor and bridge geometry are integrated to translate every nuance to the amplifier and speaker system. The big, bold, and brilliant tone looks to the future, yet the sonic ingredients of the acoustic violin are present and can be tamed to become traditional in character. The Polar pickup has the unique ability to analyze the direction of string vibration to enhance the bowed response and to facilitate bow technique. The unusually powerful piezo crystals do not require on-board power, for maintenance-free performance without the hassle of batteries.
The reserve power of a well set up electric violin makes the instrument easier to play than a conventional acoustic. The NS WAV Electric Violin's rock maple bridge is easily adjustable for the playing style and action height you prefer; high and powerful like a traditional violin, low and fast like an electric guitar, or anywhere in between. The ebony fingerboard is graduated for each string to optimize the tone and playability of every note. The neck is smooth and fast, with traditional thumb reference points for the scroll and heel. The removable bout provides accurate position reference for players accustomed to using the traditional body shape for reference.
- Polar ™ Pickup System.
- Patented self-clamping tuning mechanism
- Light weight and good balance
- Custom Shoulder Rest
- Ergonomically contoured ebony chin rest
- Fabric covered hardshell case with handle and shoulder strap. Padded on the inside, with room for your bow, and compartments for the shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear
- LENGTH: 540 MM (21.25")
- WIDTH: 110 MM (4 5/16")
- THICKNESS: 65 MM (2 9/16")
- WEIGHT: Highly carved interior for light comfort; 5 string: 695g
- SCALE LENGTH: 330 MM (13")
- BODY/NECK: Maple neck and body for rich tone and visual grace.
- BODY REFERENCE BOUT: Black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- FINGERBOARD: Ebony, hand-graduated, asymmetric relief, shaped for effortless play.
- BRIDGE: Black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- STRINGS: NS Electric Strings are standard. Compatible with solid and stranded core violin strings. Synthetic core strings are not recommended.
- PRECISION TUNING HARDWARE: NS Design patented tuning system. Fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin).
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).
- SHOULDER AND CHIN REST: The Custom Shoulder Rest is a standard with the WAV Violin and can be formed by the player to fit the body perfectly.
- The contoured ebony chin rest supplied with the instrument is designed to work comfortably in tandem with the Custom Shoulder Rest.
- NS VIOLIN CASE: Customized for the NS Violin, this standard hardshell case with handle and shoulder strap includes separate compartments for shoulder rest and accessories, a bow compartment and exterior zipper pouch. Made with durable Cordura® fabric, 3.2 kg (7 lb) loaded weight.