The product is expected to be available from 8 July 2021.
Key selling points
• A single book containing nine exam pieces, scales and arpeggios and sight-reading material from the new syllabus (from 2022)
• Unique audio download codes provide access to recordings of performances of the nine pieces, plus accompaniment-only tracks
• A mix of classic repertoire and newly commissioned pieces and arrangements
• Ideal for students looking for exam repertoire in a range of styles in one volume
• Accompaniments for both E flat and B flat instruments
The new Saxophone syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Saxophone Exam Pieces for Grades 1-5 contains nine pieces (score (E Flat and B Flat) and part) selected from the new Saxophone syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks for both E flat and B flat instruments to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Saxophone Exam Packs.