This edition of Op. 14 No. 1 comes from the complete three-volume edition of Beethoven’s 35 piano sonatas published by ABRSM. Edited by Professor Barry Cooper, renowned Beethoven specialist, this is the most comprehensive study of these extraordinary works yet undertaken.
- critical edition for today’s performers, teachers and scholars
- faithful to the original notation, correcting long-standing errors found in other editions
- presents new and important research
- introduction covering editorial method
- commentary to the sonata (as a separate insert), including history, full assessment of the
sources and detailed notes on interpretation