A critical edition of the 35 piano sonatas by Professor Barry Cooper, renowned Beethoven specialist. Created for today’s performers, teachers and scholars, this is the most comprehensive study of these extraordinary works yet undertaken.
- the only modern edition to include all 35 sonatas as a set
- faithful to the original notation, correcting long-standing errors found in other editions
- presents new and important research
- general Introduction covering performance practice, including tempo, articulation, pedalling and dynamics
- commentary to each sonata, including history, full assessment of the sources and detailed notes on interpretation
- introductory CD included