The fat, dry '70s snare sound is one of few constants in rock 'n' roll. Your favorite drummers had to resort to taping T-shirts and tea towels to their heads for those now-iconic tones. Today you can beef up any snare in seconds, professionally and cleanly, with the original Big Fat Snare Drum Auto-Tone. This rubber/plastic damper actually lowers the pitch of your snare about a whole tone, eliminating overtones in the process. The resulting snare sound is punchier, smoother, and much more cooperative with live mixes and studio productions. Drummers have been impressed with the results in our own studios; a feature we particularly like is the thumb-sized cutout, which facilitates quick removals with a hand or stick mid-song. Available in various sizes.
- Re-creates that '70s snare drum sound: fat, dry, and smooth
- Helps with close-miking onstage and in the studio
- More effective than wallets and weights alone
- Cleaner than tape and gel
- Installs and removes in seconds
- Rubber gasket lowers pitch for a heartier punch
- Plastic film eliminates unwanted overtones
- Thumb cutout for quick removal
- Made in the USA
- Available in 10", 12", 13", 14" & 16"