This Divine Bb Clarinet is specially selected by Buffet Crampon Clarinet Artist Mr. Florent Héau, for Hong Kong Clarinet players.
這枝 Divine 降B調單簧管，是由 Buffet Crampon 單簧管藝術家 Mr. Florent Héau，為一眾香港單簧管樂手精心挑選。
Mr. Florent Héau
- Clarinetist Professor at CRR de Paris & HEMU de Lausanne
- Member of Les Bons Becs
"New concept , new perspectives for the future. BC XXI, by Buffet-Crampon.
Explore the new perspectives : Extended lower joint with a cylindrical bore, producing a deep and warm sound; A resonance vent, providing a low Eb, can be used for some repertoire (Busoni, Donatoni, , Menendez, Berio), and for the clarinetist transposing a A clarinet part; Bb “long fingering”, alternative to the throat note Bb, offering a very new perspective in all repertoire; Easy third register"
- By Florent Héau
"What is remarkable is the ease of playing, the fluidity and the equality between the registers. The result is a comfort of play, which allows a more free and natural expression. The tone is powerful.
The second remarkable point is the color of the tone. The registers are very distinctive, the first register is warm and woody, powerful, the second register can be expressed with roundness and softness and the high notes remain broad and gentle.
The BC21 is very natural and moving."
- By Maria Wong
The Buffet Crampon Acoustic Advisor (R&D), who is also the BCXXI main developer, Mr. Eric Baret specially selected this BCXXI Bb Clarinet from Buffet Crampon factory in France for Hong Kong Clarinet players.
這枝BCXXI降B調單簧管，是由Buffet Crampon的Acoustic Advisor (R&D)兼BCXXI的主要研發者Mr. Eric Baret於Buffet Crampon法國原廠，為一眾香港單簧管樂手精心挑選。
Today, Buffet Crampon starts a revolution for the 21st century, one the Research and Development team has dreamed of for a very long time: a longer B-flat clarinet that pushes all boundaries.
Eric Baret and four testers, Buffet Crampon musicians Michel Arrignon, Nicolas Baldeyrou, Martin Fröst, and Paul Meyer, are proud to present the BCXXI.
- The lower joint of a B-flat clarinet extended by several centimetres in which a strategically placed resonance vent makes it possible to produce low E-flat with a full and vibrant sound. Overall, the entire chalumeau register is greatly improved thanks to its limited flare in favour of a longer cylinder.
- A shorter bell that no longer determines the accuracy of the fundamental notes E/B and F/C but serves as a resonator for the entire clarinet.
- A surprisingly stable and easy high register, thanks in part to the elongated bottom joint.
- A third fingering of Bb middle register that creates vibrations in the entire length of the instrument to produce a full and resonant sound. This new mechanism will also allow the musician to create new sequences without changing registers, or to revise certain fingerings used in the pieces of the repertoire.
- The balance of the left hand, especially G♯ /C♯, D/A, have been greatly improved.
- A slightly raised tone hole on D allowing a more ergonomic positioning of the left-hand fingers by keeping them on the same horizontal plane.
- Enjoy rediscovering the repertoire that includes a low Eb and composed in A to Bb.
- Finally, imagine a weight equivalent to a traditional clarinet thanks to its shorter bell and carbon fibre rings.
BCXXI : Two initials and a number, signifying the beginning of a new century and representing the architecture of a new acoustic paradigm.
BCXXI BC1158-2 Specifications:
- B-flat / Pitch: 440/442 Hz
- Natural Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia Melanoxylon)
- Buffet Crampon cylindrical bore
- Inserts in Green LinE tones holes slot on the upper joint
- Metal-capped tenons
- Delivered with 2 barrels: 65 and 66mm
- 19 keys et 6 rings
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Eb lever
- Low Eb/Bb key
- Silver plated and Gold plated
- Highly reliable key work
- Metal pins with O’ring
- Blue steel springs
- Combination of GT pads (100% waterproof and breathable) and natural cork pads
- Special BCXXI : compact, black
- Rose gold Harmonie ligature with silver plated screws
- Silver plated Buffet Crampon mouthpiece cap
- Buffet Crampon pull-through