Carrying a distinct vintage-inspired design and updated like the D-18 a few years ago, the redesigned 000-18 offers many of the features found in our pre-war era guitars. The 000-18, which has a beautiful aging toned top in Sitka spruce, is married with genuine mahogany back and sides. The body is edged with tortoise binding and complemented with a polished finish. The 24.9” short scale model’s neck features a modified low oval profile with Performing Artist taper, with a width of 1-3/4” at the nut and 2-5/32” string spacing for easy playability. Nickel open-geared tuners with butterbean knobs are found with a rosewood headplate, which displays a large old style Martin logo.
SPECIFICATIONS - OVERVIEW
- BODY SIZE:000-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP:Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION:Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH:Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN:X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH:24.9"
- BRACE SHAPE:Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT:1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL:Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE:Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL:Genuine Mahogany
- NECK TAPER:High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL:Genuine Mahogany