Yamaha's groundbreaking TransAcoustic technology delivers onboard reverb and chorus effects. What sets TransAcoustic guitars apart from other instruments with onboard effects is that they don't require any external amplification. Engage the effects via the simple-to-use controls, and it's like you're playing in a rich, ambient venue — no amp or PA required. And when it's time for the gig, you can access those same great tones plugged in through the guitar's System70 + SRT Piezo pickup system.
How it works
The key to TransAcoustic is an integrated actuator, a small device hidden inside the guitar. The vibration of the instrument's strings cause the actuator to vibrate; these vibrations are transmitted to the guitar body, as well as the air around the guitar. The result is authentic reverb and chorus — without the need for any additional amplification or effects.
Yamaha FS-TA TransAcoustic Guitar Features:
- A value-packed acoustic-electric with smooth playability and sophisticated onboard tech
- SRT zero impact pickup
- Comfortable concert-size body with tapered waist fits all players
- Solid spruce top is full and balanced
- Mahogany back and sides add power and clarity of tone
- Scalloped bracing improves punch and projection
- Slim, tapered nato neck with fast satin finish glides through the hand
- Bound rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Built-in Chorus, Room, and Hall Reverb