THE NXTa ACTIVE SERIES OMNI BASS, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass, or the NS electric upright, to their performance palette. Available in four and five string configurations, with either Satin Black or Sunburst finish, these well-priced instruments are produced in the Czech Republic with the same meticulous care as NS Design's renowned CR Series Omni Bass.
The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass is the same as standard electric bass, and is available in 4 and 5 string versions. Tuned in fourths (EADGC or BEADG), the fingering positions and spacing are identical to the bass guitar, and therefore immediately familiar to any bass player.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto. NS Electric Omni Bass Strings and standard bass guitar strings fit the Omni Bass, adding unlimited set up options for musicians who want to explore and create their own unique sound.
- Dual Mode Output
- Active Mode
- Passive Mode
- Eco-Friendly Operation
- Fingerboard features the TransRadius™ profile
- The Boomerang™ Strap System
- More informaiton: click here
SPECIFICATIONS (4 Strings, Sunburst model)
- LENGTH: 113 cm (44")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (5.7")
- THICKNESS: 10 cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 86 cm (34")
- STRING TUNINGS: 4 string E,A,D,G
- STRINGS: NS Omni Bass strings by D'Addario™. The Omni Bass also accommodates most long scale bass guitar strings.
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple with flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated, asymmetric. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers & side dots. The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass is the same as standard electric bass.
- TransRadius PROFILE: The fingerboard radius at the nut is 9-1/4 inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, the radius is 2 inches.
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action, accessible at nut.
- TUNING HARDWARE: Fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- BRIDGE PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between Active and Passive output mode; Tone control (treble roll off); Arco/Pizzicato toggle switch.
- BOOMERANG STRAP SYSTEM: This standard support system has a pivoting friction hub that holds the instrument firmly in place close to the body. Attached with a guitar style strap to its two support arms, the system allows the instrument to be moved into virtually any position in relation to the hands and body as it is played. Weight is .45 kg (1 lbs.).
- FRAME STRAP SYSTEM: This optional accessory is a lightweight frame structure that allows full mobility to perform in standing or upright position, holding the instrument out from the body similar to the reference in traditional positioning. The system is supported by a single guitar style strap extending over the left shoulder. Weight is 0.68kg (1.5 lbs.).
- GIG BAG: A padded gig bag is included as a standard accessory. It has a stand compartment, bow compartment, charger and accessory pocket, handle and adjustable strap. Loaded weight is 6 kg (15.2 lbs.) including a stand, and it fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft.