Sized for small venues and practice spaces, the Yamaha Stage Custom Hip kit provides a big sound from a compact configuration. How compact? The entire kit can fit into a 20" kick drum case and 14" floor tom case… and most trunks! However, its diminutive footprint doesn't mean it has a small-sized tone. Its 6-ply all-birch shells deliver ample depth and presence, so your grooves will be heard loud and clear. The Stage Custom Hip also includes a snare strainer on the floor tom for adding an optional second, deeper snare. And, the small form factor bass drum can be utilized as a sub-kick extension to add heft to standard-sized kick—an awesome trick for stage and studio. Drummers love this kit for gigging around town, not just for its size but for its unmistakable vibe. If you're looking for an ultra-portable kit with loads of character, check out the Yamaha Stage Custom Hip kit.
- An all-birch kit from the Stage Custom family
- Sized for small venues and practice spaces, and is a great on-the-go kit
- Hip sizes (depth x diameter): 5 x 10" tom, 8 x 13" snare / floor tom, 8 x 20" kick drum, and 5 x 13" snare drum
- Great for jazz, hip-hop, and light session work
- Die-cast bass claw hooks with rubber inserts are classy and quiet
***Pedal, cymbals, and stands sold separately