The SEYDEL SAMPLER is a real must have for the ambitious melody-player:
One instrument in two keys and three full octaves available.
The SAMPLER is the ideal instrument for playing popular melodies, Folk-music and Irish Folk and a real new challenge for all lovers of the "Chromatic Blues Sound"! The slider switches between two keys (C and G).
- solo-tuning in the keys of C and G
- three fulll oktaves in two keys*, conveniently swichable with the slider or lockable
- half-valving, some important bending notes (Bending: technique for lowering the notes)
- full sound, thanks to the Stainless-Steel reeds for dynamic playing and good tone response
- corrosion-free German Silver reedplates
- precision made acrylic comb – very airtight and durable
- optimized free-moving and air-tight slider-mechanism with innovative locking device for optional fixing of the pressed slider
- ergonomic mouthpiece with round holes (silver plated) for lip-friendly playing
- corrosion-free Stainless Steel covers, opened wide at the back for optimized sound projection
- variable slider setting: if the slider is turned 180° the instrument plays in G (open slider) and C (slider depressed) (default is C-->G after swapping the slider G-->C) - the mouthpiece must be unmounted to switch over the slider.
A comprehensive >Online-tutorial for the SAMPLER explains the instrument's features in detail. You can download the free pdf-version for printout. The online-version for the tutorial contains a large variety of sound examples and playbacks that show the new playing features available on the new SAMPLER harmonica. There is a lot to explore - pls. click >here.
* Pressing the slider does not give the semi-note of the chromatic scale like on chromatic harmonicas. The slider does lower the notes for a perfect forth.
Therefore the instrument can be played in two differnt keys but the chromatic scale is not available (without playing bending notes). The SAMPLER is not a tremolo harmonica.