When only the best will do, turn to the SVT-8PRO for ultimate power and massive Ampeg tone. The SVT-8PRO combines our vintage SVP-CL preamp with a 2500-Watt Solid-State power amp for Earth-shaking bass that just won’t quit. Loaded with professional features throughout, the SVT-8PRO was designed for the most demanding player and the most demanding of gigs.
An outstanding feature, unique to the SVT-8PRO, is its power reduction circuitry, which allows players to dial in classic SVT overdriven tones at any volume level. This means you can get all the crunch and grind of an SVT pushed to the limit, but at a volume level that won’t set off local seismic detectors.
Our 5-position Ultra Low selector gives you low frequency tone-sculpting capability like never before. From the fattest low-end to tight, highly articulated punch, the choice is yours. And the built-in DI can patch you right into the front of house, although you probably won’t need it! Bottom line: SVT tone at concert volume levels, in a lightweight 23-pound package.
- Preamp: Tube (2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7)
- Power Amp: Solid-State
- RMS Power Output: 2500-Watts @ 2 ohms
- RMS Power Output: 1300-Watts @ 4 ohms
- RMS Power Output: 800-Watts @ 8 ohms
- Tone Controls: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Mid Tone Control: 5-Position
- Ultra Low/High: Yes - 5-Position Ultra Low
- Balanced Line Out: Yes (Transformer)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes
- Other: Power Reduction Circuit, Mute Button
- Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 3.5 x 14
- Weight: 23 pounds