Turn your modern snare drum sound into massive vintage-style tone with Steve's Donut from Big Fat Snare Drum. Steve's Donut is a slightly expanded take on Big Fat Snare Drum's original Donut design, contracting the center opening to just 5" and providing a broader deadened playing surface. Not only does this drop the pitch and focus the attack, but drummers were delighted to discover a massive range of extra tone for playing subtle ghost notes. What's more, adding or removing a Steve's Donut is so fast that you can comfortably do it in the middle of a song if desired, and it's such a handy tool in the studio that every session drummer ought to keep at least one Big Fat Snare Drum Donut handy all the time. Available in various sizes.
- An easy way to transform your snare drum's sound
- Drops the pitch and timbre of your snare drum for a dry vintage crack
- Reduced resonance, beefs up your attack and delivers a dry yet penetrating tone with low sustain
- Broad off-center playing surface dampens ghost notes but provides you with expanded dynamics
- A great way to simulate classic 1960s and 1970s snare drum tones
- Installs instantly and is easy to remove, thanks to the handy finger cutout
- Made in the USA
- Available in 10", 12", 13", 14" & 16"