BOSS's Million-selling High-gain Distortion Turns 30
Back in 1991, BOSS unleashed the now-controversial Metal Zone — the stompbox that housed more over-the-top high-gain distortion than any competing product at the time. The BOSS 30th Anniversary Metal Zone celebrates three decades of this iconic pedalboard classic, boasting the same dial-stage gain circuit along with an eye-grabbing grayscale color scheme that's guaranteed to attract attention. You also get the original pedal's oft-abused 3-band semi-parametric EQ, which provides ±15dB of boost or cut for surgical sonic sculpting. The BOSS Metal Zone is a classic — just about every budding metal guitarist has plugged one of these distortion pedals into a solid-state practice amp, dimed the gain, and massacred "Smoke on the Water." That said, this hyper-aggressive stomp continues to make its way onto countless pro-level pedalboards as well. If you're aiming for insane, ultra-saturated high-gain tones, there's nothing else like the Metal Zone.
Ultra-powerful 3-band semi-parametric EQ
The BOSS Metal Zone stimulates a lot of heated back and forth on the interwebs. But here's the truth: the Metal Zone is a solid-sounding distortion box, provided you use intelligent gain and EQ settings. Speaking of EQ, this pedal’s super-powerful semi-parametric EQ features +/-15dB of boost or cut, which can be abused — grossly abused. Scooping your mids by -15dB does not sound like "Master of Puppets" and cranking your highs by +15dB is only good for re-creating the sound of angry hornets. Remember, subtlety is the key. With conservative settings, the Metal Zone can really deliver the goods.
BOSS 30th Anniversary Metal Zone Distortion Pedal Features:
- 30th-anniversary edition of BOSS's million-selling distortion pedal
- Unique dual-gain circuitry creates over-the-top distortion
- Provides super-long sustain and heavy mids and lows reminiscent of a stack of overdriven amps
- 3-band EQ with semi-parametric midrange control delivers plenty of tone-shaping options
- Makes a great preamp-in-a-box
- Tailor-made for hard rock and metal guitarists
- Pedal Type: Distortion
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- EQ: Active 3-band EQ
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Power Usage: 30mA
- Height: 2.37"
- Width: 2.87"
- Depth: 5.12"
- Weight: 0.875 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: MT-2-3A