Research and development is both a rigorous and creative process. In collaboration with our workshops and internationally renowned clarinetists, Paul Meyer worked on the research project for developing new acoustics, resulting in the Divine clarinet.
This model benefits from having the same hole placement as the Tosca model which allows for better intonation in every register.
The improved bore favors flexible register-crossing and freer blowing during the most demanding pieces. The Bb Divine clarinet comes with two barrels – 65mm (442hz) and 66mm (440hz).
The Divine is made of grenadilla wood with specific upper joint Green Line tone-hole slots eliminating air leaks on tone-holes most prone to crack.
The carbon wire (a Buffet Crampon patent), which replaces the metal rings, makes the clarinet 60 grams lighter and thus contributes to its exceptional balance with greater vibration and freer blowing. As with the Tosca model, the Divine clarinets are equipped with a low F correction key.
New keywork and spatulas enhance the clarinet’s ergonomics without destabilizing the musician’s capabilities. Whereas the Tosca clarinet was the R13 bore’s top range model, the Divine features the Buffet Crampon RC bore’s latest evolution.
This new range of clarinet represents a major step forward in Buffet Crampon’s history, by fusing technical expertise with unparalleled craftsmanship in French wind instrument manufacturing.
DIVINE BC1160L-2-0 specifications:
- Key : Bb
- Pitch : 440/442 Hz
- Body : Dalbergia Melanoxylon, Natural African blackwood, selected
- Bore : Poly-cylindrical
- Tenons : Metal-capped
- Tones holes slots : In Green-LinE on the upper joint
- Carbon wire : Barrel, lower joint and bell
- Corks : Synthetic on tenon, requires lubricant BCA0135
- Barrels Bb : 2.55" and 2.59"
- Keys : 19
- Rings : 6
- Thumb rest : Adjustable
- Eb lever : Included
- Low F correction key : Included
- Keywork finish : Silver plated
- Keywork : Forged keys, copper and silver
- Springs : Blue steel
- Pins : Metal O-ring
- Pads : 100% waterproof material (GT), leather and natural cork