Make your go-to mic go farther
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers and broadcasters, you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 is a pocket-sized mic preamp that lets you easily use your XLR mics to record, perform and stream with your iPhone*, iPad, Android device or DSLR camera. The sequel to the best-selling mobile mic pre of all time, iRig Pre 2 delivers the same professional sound you’re accustomed to, while adding direct monitoring, auto-switching wiring for use with digital cameras, and so much more.
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries
- For iPhone, iPad, Android and digital cameras
- Built-in XLR connector for microphones
- Adjustable gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Attached 40cm (15.75") TRRS cable
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output
- Powered by 2xAA batteries
- On/Off switch
- Compatible with all your favorite apps
- Frequency response: from 50 Hz to 20 KHz
- EIN (@gain min): -113.5 dBA
- EIN (@ gain max): -92.4dBA
- THD+N: -90 dBA / 0,003%
- Gain range: 48dB
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 2xAA): approx 20 hours when phantom is off, approx 7 hours when phantom is on
- iRig Pre 2
- 2xAA batteries
- Velcro strip
- Free apps for iOS and Android
- Size: 40mm/1.57" x 110mm/4.33" x 34mm/1.34"
- Weight: 75g/2.65oz (batteries excluded)
- Cables length: 40cm/15.75"
iOS and Android Devices
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices with 1/8" / 3.5mm jack standard headset input (onboard or via adaptor) compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows.
Compatible with most DSLR cameras equipped with 1/8" / 3.5mm jack microphone input.