The TCS1455H is the first metal snare to be worthy of the TAMA Star Reserve name. Its premium-grade 1.5mm brass shell is hand hammered to achieve the same level of musical complexity as the world’s finest cymbals and kettle drums. Finer-peen hammering toward the edge of the shell and wider hammering at the center give the TCS1455H its unique barrel shape, which provides fatness and resonance as you’ve never heard from a metal snare. The 2.3mm Customized Brass Mighty Hoops, developed specially for this drum and featuring a finer edge than TAMA’s standard hoops, give the TCS1455H extra brightness and attack — which translates beautifully into close mics. These tonal qualities, paired with the natural sensitivity and projection of brass, make the TAMA Star Reserve TCS1455H a snare drum that’s equipped to serve the most demanding players.
- 1.5mm hand-hammered brass shell is bold yet musically complex
- Unique barrel shape imparts unusual fatness and resonance
- Fine-edged 2.3mm Customized Brass Mighty Hoops add brightness and attack
- Quiet, sensitive Linear-Drive throw off and butt plate
- Remo heads (Batter: Ambassador Coated; SS: Ambassador Snare Side) deliver great tone and performance