YAMAHA YM5100A: Overall professional, streamlined design
- Exclusive Yamaha tuning method ensures true pitch and full sound.
- Rosewood bars produce a high quality, traditional sound.
- Cut-away designed resonators, featuring a 3-position tracking system, allow resonator height adjustment for pitch and tone control, and provide additional strength while reducing overall instrument weight.
- Nut/bolt and welded resonators with denser alloys and thicker walls maximize the tone and ensure rattle-free play.
- Graduated bars produce a full tone and projection throughout the instrument's range.
- Height adjustable frame with pneumatic struts allows one person to easily adjust the height to a comfortable playing position.
- Hinged resonators and rails, along with a two-piece crossbar, make tear down a simple task.
- Oversized 4" casters allow for easy transport over rough surfaces.
- Range: 5 octaves, C2-C7
- Bar: Honduran Rosewood
- Bar size: 1 5/8" – 2 7/8" wide, 3/4" – 1" thick
- Resonators: Brushed tan finish, with special shapes, denser alloy, and thicker walls. Helmholtz (C16 to F21); Round cornered rectangle (F#22-A#26)
- Height Adjustable Frame: Pneumatic strut system 33 7/8" – 39 3/4"
- Dimensions: 102 3/4" x 40 1/2"
- Weight: 211 1/2 lbs
- Castors: 4", two locking
- Pitch: A=442Hz